We already knew that Gears of War 3 would get four DLC packs thanks to the Season Pass announcement. Now Epic Games and Microsoft have revealed when the first add-on to the Xbox 360 exclusive will appear along with what maps, characters, weapon skins and Horde mode fortification upgrades will be included.
The Horde Command Pack will release on the Xbox LIVE Marketplace on November 1, 2011. Gears of War 3 owners can either purchase the pack separately for 800 MS Points ($10) or as part of the Season Pass which packs in all four packs for 2400 MS Points ($30).
The pack includes three new maps – Azura, Blood Drive, and Rust Lung – that appear to already be on the Gears of War 3 disk along with making Bernie Mataki a playable character along with a new skin for Dizzy and the introduction of the Onyx Guard.
Full details on what is included in the Horde Command Pack DLC for Gears of War 3 from a press release is below along with screenshots.
Three spectacular new maps:
- Blood Drive – The Jacinto Medical Plaza was overwhelmed by evacuated citizens after the government-sanctioned Hammer Strikes, and the ensuing riots quickly turned this safe haven into a dangerous inferno. An abundance of high ground and funneled choke points make this map a returning favorite to Horde.
- Rustlung – Once the pride of the Royal Tyran Navy, the foredecks of this decommissioned battleship are now riddled with bullet holes. Any team with the fortitude to hold the exposed central torpedo bay will find that the ship’s Loader has been replaced with a battle-ready Silverback mech suit.
- Azura – This island resort was once the exclusive domain of Sera’s educated elite, but the tranquil water gardens and lush foliage have become a hotly contested combat zone. Dual snipers overlook a powerful explosive weapon, while the defensive central platform may be your last resort of retreat.
New fortification upgrades:
- Command Center – A brand new type of fortification that allows you to call in fire support from sniper teams, mortar strikes and even multiple Hammers of Dawn.
- Decoy Upgrade – A new fortification level that turns your decoy into an Onyx Guard bot that will fight in your defense.
- Sentry Upgrade – This upgrade adds a fire bolt sentry that deals much more damage and is very effective against Berserkers.
- Silverback Upgrade – This advancement allows you to upgrade your Silverback exo-suit with devastating rockets and extra levels of repair cost reduction.
- Onyx Guard
- Big Rig Dizzy
- New weapon skins:
- Team Plasma
- Jungle Camo
Also playable in Beast mode and privately hosted Versus matches, the Horde Command Pack promises to extend your “Gears of War 3” experience with countless hours of multiplayer mayhem on Xbox LIVE.